Cookbook:Roast Chicken on Salt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an old family recipe for Chicken on Salt from Russia.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 chicken, plucked and dressed
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 peeled cloves of garlic
- several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 kg salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Stuff the chicken with the quartered lemon, garlic and rosemary.
- Bind the chicken ready for roasting.
- Fill a baking tray with the salt and place the chicken on top.
- Roast for 90 minutes at 190° C.
The flesh should be moist, the skin crisp.