Cookbook:Rice in Fish Broth-Sayyadieh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 large fish (weighing about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- salt, lemon juice and water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fry fish in olive oil until well cooked. Remove the fish and allow to cool.
- Fry the chopped onions in the same oil until well browned. Meanwhile, bone the fried fish, reserving the cooked fillets to be served over the rice.
- Add the head, bones and skin of the fish to the fried onions and cook with four cups of water in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes, or for a longer time in an open pan.
- Strain the broth and boil the rice in it using 1-4 cups of broth for each cup of rice (this will depend on the absorbency of the rice you use).
- Simmer the rice on a low fire so that most of the broth will be absorbed.
Some of the broth may be flavored with a few drops of lemon and served on the side as a sauce for this dish.