Cookbook:Red Curry Paste
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To make 3-4 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste, we need:
- 12 small, chopped red chiles
- 1 branch of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro, leaves and stems
- a pinch of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of trassi
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Grind the red chilli-peppers, garlic, lemongrass and the onion in a mortar.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil and keep grinding to a fluid paste.
- Now add the oil. Save in an airtight pot in the refrigerator for storage (lasts 1 month).