Cookbook:Potato and Cabbage Soup
(Redirected from Cookbook:Potato and cabbage soup)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons oil or margarine
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 5 cups meat stock
- 1 pound cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pound potatoes, diced
- 2 beet roots, diced
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Sauté onion lightly in oil.
- Add carrots and celery and continue to sauté.
- Add flour and continue to sauté.
- Add tomato sauce and a few tablespoons of stock slowly, stirring continuously. Cook over low heat until the sauce is ready.
- Boil the remaining stock and add cabbage.
- Add vinegar and cook for 15 minutes, then add potatoes and beet roots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot, covered with a tablespoon of cream for each dish.
Serves 4 people.