Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Ploughman's is a popular traditional mouth-watering sandwich. The pickle provides some sourness, and the lettuce avoids dryness.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 slices of bread
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Lettuce, preferably iceberg
- Sliced tomato
- Sweet pickle
- Optional extras such as onions, mayonnaise.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Arrange the following in the sandwich:
- Sliced cheese, 1 layer
- Lettuce leaves, 2 or 3 layers
- Thin layer of sweet pickle (about 1 tsp per sandwich)
- Tomato slices, just a few slices
Eat! (not that you'll need any encouragement)