Cookbook:Okra Plantain Porridge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Okra Plantain Porridge|
Okra plantain porridge is a typical Nigerian food prepared from unripe plantain and okra. It is easy to prepare.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Unripe plantains, peeled and diced
- Stock cube
- Onions, sliced
- Palm oil
- Okra, grated
- Ugu leaves, rinsed and chopped
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Add the plantain to a pot, cover with water, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add fish, stock cube, and sliced onion.
- Add palm oil, okra, and ugu leaves. Stir until a porridge is formed.
- Cook for few minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.