Cookbook:Nigerian Tripe and Ponmo Stew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Nigerian Pepper Rice Soup)
|Nigerian Tripe and Ponmo Stew|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Tatashe (red bell pepper), seeded
- Fresh tomatoes, seeded
- Cow tripe, cleaned and sliced
- Ponmo, cleaned and sliced
- Stock cube
- Chopped onion
- Vegetable oil
- Nigerian curry powder
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Blend the pepper and tomatoes together to make a purée.
- Combine the cow tripe and ponmo in a pot with thyme, stock cube, and some of the chopped onion. Cover with water and simmer until the meat is soft. Remove the tripe and ponmo, and set them aside.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a pot. Add the remaining chopped onion, and cook until browned.
- Add the pepper-tomato purée, and stir well. Season with salt and curry powder, then add the cooked tripe and ponmo.
- Serve with white rice, fried plaintain, agidi, etc.