Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Seafood | Mussel
- Place the mussels in a large pot or steamer with about 1" to 2" of boiling liquid (water, wine, or seasoned broth)
- Cover and steam over high heat approximately 5 minutes or until the shells open
- Discard any shells that do not open.
- Remove mussels from the shells
- Mix together the mussels, potatoes and carrots and arrange on a suitable serving dish.
- Thoroughly blend the oil, vinegar and seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Chill well before serving. Serves four.