A multicooker (also written "multi cooker") is an electric kitchen appliance for automated cooking using a timer. A typical multicooker is able to boil, simmer, bake, fry, deep fry, grill roast, stew, steam and brown food.
The device is operated by placing ingredients inside, selecting the corresponding program, and leaving the multicooker to cook according to the program, typically without any need for further user intervention. Some multicookers have an adjustable thermostat.
Recipe scripts and other features
Modern cookers include electronic time, temperature and pressure controllers and are marketed as "automated multipurpose cooking appliances". The most modern ones include Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities and cooking procedures in recipe scripts, mainly by choosing the temperature, time and pressure in multiple steps, to execute and share. 
Instant Pot (abbreviated in recipes as IP) is a brand of multicookers. The multicookers are electronically controlled, combined pressure cookers and slow cookers. The original cookers are marketed as 6-in-1 or more appliances designed to consolidate the cooking and preparing of food to one device (multicooker).
- D'Alise, O. (2013). The Ultimate Slow Cooking Cookbook for Beginners Plus 25 Delicious Slow Cooking Recipes!. Lulu.com. p. PT 7–8. ISBN 978-1-300-63202-3. https://books.google.com/books?id=OZxOCAAAQBAJ&pg=PT7.
- Robertson, R. (2003). Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker: 200 Recipes for Healthy and Hearty One-pot Meals that are Ready when You are. Harvard Common Press. p. 5. ISBN 978-1-55832-256-1. https://books.google.com/books?id=sZ9cxS52Lv0C&pg=PA5.
- Kitchen, A.S.T. (2015). Healthy Slow Cooker Revolution. America's Test Kitchen. p. PT 41. ISBN 978-1-940352-21-3. https://books.google.com/books?id=nodKCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT41.
- Rodgers, R. (1998). Slow Cooker Ready & Waiting: 160 Sumptuous Meals That Cook Themselves. HarperCollins. p. 5. ISBN 978-0-688-15803-3. https://books.google.com/books?id=EejwFM8fxNkC&pg=PA5.
- Krepshaw, Brian (22 March 2011). Multicooker does a bit of everything Template:Webarchive, cnet.com. Retrieved on 22 August 2015
- "How to Write an Instant Pot Smart Script for the Bluetooth pot". https://familyweb.us/TinkerT/default.asp?Post=202-How_to_Write_an_Instant_Pot_Smart_Script_for_the_Bluetooth_pot.
- "Instant Pot Smart: Pressure Cooker with Bluetooth and Free App" (in en-US). 2017-07-01. https://happyhomegadgets.com/instant-pot-smart-bluetooth/.