(Redirected from Cookbook:Mirepoix sauce)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
- a bunch of herbs (such as thyme, sage, rosemary)
- Put the following ingredients into a stew pan: some bits of bacon and lean ham, a carrot, all cut into dice, half an onion, a bunch of herbs, a few mushroom cuttings, two cloves, and four peppercorns.
- To this, add one and a quarter pint of good stock and a glass of Chablis.
- Boil rapidly for ten minutes, then simmer until it is reduced to a third of its former volume.
- Pass through a sieve and use for masking meat, fowl, fish, etc.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes.