Cookbook:Mexican Rice I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mexican Rice)
|Mexican Rice I|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (unwashed)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (if canned, drain them)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Over medium-high heat, fry the dry rice in oil until golden brown, stirring often.
- Add onions and green peppers and cook until slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes, spices, and water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.