Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Middle Eastern Cuisines | Turkish Cuisine | Egg Dishes
- Menemen is a Turkish dish of eggs with onion, green pepper and tomato. It can be served as a breakfast or luncheon dish.
- Dice the onions and peppers in medium dice and sauté in the olive oil until tender.
- Prepare a concassée of tomatoes by blanching, peeling, seeding and dicing the tomatoes. Add to the peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley (chopped) and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Beat the eggs and pour over the mixture in the pan. Stir until cooked.
- Serve with Turkish bread.
- ↑ Red peppers may also be used, alone or in combination with green, yellow or orange ones.
- ↑ A crisp baguette is a good substitute.