Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kuddi, also called kadhi, is a sort of gravy based on yogurt and chickpea flour. It can be served with pakora, rice, or roti.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ litre (1 pint) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon besan (Indian chickpea flour)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon jeera seeds
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the yogurt, chickpea flour, sugar, salt, grated ginger, and chopped green chilli.
- Heat and bring to a boil with continuous stirring.
- Taste and add more sugar or salt as needed. It should be sour, salty, and sweet.
- Fry the jeera seeds in butter, and mix them into the kuddi.