Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small saucepan.
- Pour a small amount of water into a medium sized double boiler, making sure the water does not touch the bowl (put bowl off to the side). Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and reduce the heat.
- Place egg yolks and the dry and liquid ingredients into the bowl and whisk 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the melted butter a little at a time, and whisk until the butter is well incorporated and mixture expands.
- Place the mixture over the simmering water and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- If the mixture become too thick or separates, add very small amounts of hot water until corrected.
- Melt the butter (should not get brown, just melted)
- Add the double cream and the egg yolks
- Add the pepper and the nutmeg
- Heat up with a finger in the sauce and do not stop mixing
- When you can not bear the heat then remove from fire and serve