Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 900g beef, cut in 4-5cm (2 in.) cubes
- 2 onions, cut in half, then in 5mm (1/4 in.) slices
- 12 sweet red peppers (small), cut in 5mm (1/4 in.) thick rings
- 2 carrots, cut in half or quarter lengthwise, then in 5mm (1/4 in.) slices
- 2 packs okra
- 3 eggplants, cut in 2 cm (1 in.) round slices
- a few tomatoes cut each in 3
- 1kg (2 lbs.) potatoes, peeled, quartered and cut in 7mm (1/3 in.) thick slices
- 2 hot green peppers
- Salad oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- Salt to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fry beef with salad oil until lightly browned, pour water to cover the meat and cook until soft. Add soy sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle eggplants with salt and leave for a while to remove harshness. Quarter each slice after wiping off moisture.
- Sauté in a pan carrots, eggplants, potatoes and okra with salad oil. Add tomatoes with liquid. Mix in onions, adding small amount of water and cook until vegetables become barely tender. Add red pepper and turn off the heat.
- Mix the meat with pan juice and vegetables and put in an earthenware pot (casserole). Top with hot green peppers, cover and bake in 200°C oven for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve.