Jump to navigation Jump to search
Anjing Panggang is a specialty from Eastern Indonesia and Southern Philippines and other countries.
- Small or Medium-sized dog
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 spicy Thai peppers
- 3 tomatoes, puréed
- 3 cups lemon juice
- First kill the dog as humanely as possible. To verify if the dog is dead you can cut the tendon between two of the digital pads of a paw and check for a response.
- Burn off the fur over hot charcoal.
- Carefully remove the skin while still warm and set aside for later. (It may be used in other recipes.)
- Remove the entrails and cut dog up into sections, about 12 to 16 large pieces.
- In a food processor, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Put dog pieces into this marinade in a large container, then let it sit for at least 2 hours.
- Put dog pieces on a charcoal grill, cover and let it burn over warm coals. Flip and baste occasionally for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.