Jump to navigation Jump to search
Free Beer, also known as Vores Øl in Danish, is a beer with its recipe licensed under a CC-BY-SA license.
Version 4.0 (Codename: Skands) (19 L, ALL-GRAIN) OG = 1.054 FG = 1.014 IBU = 32 SRM = 19 ABV = 5,1 %)
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3,8 kg Maris Otter (3,0 SRM)
- 800 g Munich Malt (7,1 SRM)
- 200 g Crystal Malt (66,0 SRM)
- 100 g Brown Malt (95,4 SRM)
- 80 g Carafa Special Type III (710,7 SRM)
- 7.48 AAU Northern Brewer hop pellets (FWH.)
- (25 g of 8.5% alpha acid)
- 2.92 AAU Williamette hop pellets (7 min.)
- (15 g of 5.5% alpha acid)
- 35 g Guaraná berries
- London Ale (White Labs #WLP013)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Crush Guaraná beans and infuse in 1 quart of hot boiled water (max temperature 78 °C).
- Filter the mixture and add to the boiling wort the last 15 minutes.
- Mash crushed grains at 66,0 °C in 13,5 L of water.
- Hold mash at 66 °C for 60 minutes.
- Heat to 72 °C.
- Hold mash at 72 °C for 5 minutes.
- Heat to 78 °C.
- Hold mash at 78 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sparge with 15,5 L of 78 °C water.
- Collect 22,7 L of wort.
- Remember to add Northern Brewer hops at the beginning of sparge a.k.a. First Wort Hops/FWH.
- Boil wort for 60 minutes.
- Add the Guaraná mixture the last 15 minutes and the Willamette hops the last 7 minutes.
- Cool wort to 19,5 °C and transfer to clean and disinfected fermenter.
- Remember to aerate the cooled wort, dissolving as much oxygen as possible in the wort.
- Pitch Yeast.
- Ferment at 19,5 °C until fermentation is completed (approx. 7-10 days).
- Dissolve 90 g of sugar in a small amount boiling water.
- Put the sugar mixture in a clean and disinfected container, and transfer the fermented beer this will ensure even distribution of carbonation sugar. Leave as much yeast sediment/trub as possible, in the fermenter.
- Be careful not to aerate the fermented beer in the process.
- Bottle for carbonation and leave at 19,5 °C for 7-10 days.
- Store bottles at 4-8 °C for another 14-30 days.
- Serve cold and enjoy.