Cookbook:Euneo-juk (Korean Sweetfish Porridge)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Euneojuk is a traditional Korean food. In English, it can be translated as sweetfish porridge.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 180 g uncooked rice
- 200 g whole sweetfish, cleaned and gutted
- 2 L water
- fresh ginger
- 50 g water celery (Oenanthe javanica) greens
- 30 g crown daisy greens
- 30 g green chili, sliced
- 10 g perilla leaves, sliced
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak rice in cold water.
- Remove fish viscera, and wash fish well in cold water. Place fish in a pot and cover with water. Boil until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish, and save the cooking water. Remove the fish flesh from the bones, and reserve it. If desired, return the remaining fish carcass to the cooking water and continue cooking to make a stronger broth. Remove the fish carcass.
- Add the doenjang, gochujang, and ginger to the fish broth.
- Drain the rice and add to the broth. Cook until rice is tender.
- Add water celery, crown daisy, chili, and perilla leaves to the soup.
- Simmer soup until greens are cooked as desired.
- Return the cooked fish meat to the soup, and serve.
References[edit | edit source]
- http://koreanfood.rda.go.kr Bonghwa agriculture tech center(봉화군농업기술센터, 봉화의 맛을 찾아서, 2001)