Cookbook:Erwtensoep (Split Pea Soup)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Erwtensoep (Split Pea Soup)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Green split peas
- Streaky pork belly bacon, chopped small
- Pork belly slices (non smoked), sliced into small strips
- Dutch smoked sausage (if not available any smoked sausage will do), sliced small
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 leek, sliced into rings
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ celeriac, cubed
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 bay leaves
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak the split peas in water overnight.
- Fry the pork belly slices in a frying pan until golden brown (but not too crispy).
- Cook the peas in enough water for about 30 minutes. Make sure to remove foam from the pan with a spoon.
- In another pan, cook the bacon and the fried pork belly slices together with the vegetables, some salt and pepper, and the bay leaves for about 45 minutes.
- When the erwtensoep is ready, add the Dutch smoked sausage, and boil it for another 15 minutes.
- As a finishing touch, add some fried dried onions.