Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 2 1/2 pounds peeled deveined jumbo shrimp
- 3 tbs salt
- 3 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- 2 quarts frying oil
- Combine salt, pepper, and seasonings. Set aside.
- Dredge each shrimp into flour, then dip in lemon, then into cornmeal. Let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Add shrimp in batches and cook about 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a wire rack.
- Once all shrimp has been fried, toss with seasoning mixture. Serve immediately.