Cookbook:Dry-Aged Prime Rib
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 prime grade 4 bone standing rib roast
- Prime Rib Seasoning, as needed
- Canola oil
- Place roast in a paper towel lined perforated box with a lid. Cover and refrigerate for 3 days, changing towels halfway.
- If any leathery spots appear, trim off. Rub roast all over with canola oil. Shake on Seasoning liberally and pat down lightly.
- Insert an oven-safe probe thermometer into the roast. Bake at 200° until internal temperature reaches 118°.
- Remove from oven and raise oven to 500°. Insert roast back in and bake until internal temperature reaches 135°.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes and serve.