Cookbook:Cucumber Sprout Sandwich
|Cucumber Sprout Sandwich|
These Cucumber Sprout sandwiches are stuffed with cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, and avocados.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tbs. cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices peeled cucumber
- 2 tbs. alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 romaine (cos) lettuce leaf
- 2 tbs. pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Arrange cucumber slices in a single layer on one slice of bread.
- Cover same slice of bread with alfalfa sprouts, sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Layer same slice of bread with tomato slices, lettuce, and pepperoncini.
- Spread mashed avocado on other slice of bread.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble sandwich and serve immediately.