Cookbook:Cucumber Sprout Sandwich
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cucumber Sprout Sandwich|
These cucumber sprout sandwiches are stuffed with cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, and avocados.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices peeled cucumber
- 2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 romaine (cos) lettuce leaf
- 2 tbsp pepperoncini, sliced
- ½ avocado, peeled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Arrange cucumber slices in a single layer on one slice of bread.
- Cover same slice of bread with alfalfa sprouts, sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Layer same slice of bread with tomato slices, lettuce, and pepperoncini.
- Spread mashed avocado on other slice of bread.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble sandwich and serve immediately.