Jump to navigation Jump to search
Coconut pyramids are cakes simple enough for children to make, and gluten free.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- About 6 glacé cherries (optional)
- a few drops pink food colouring (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mix the caster sugar and desiccated coconut in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in another bowl.
- Add the egg (and food colouring if using) to the dry ingredients, and stir until evenly mixed.
- Form into 6 or 7 pyramids using your hands or an egg cup, and place on a lined baking sheet (or use cupcake cases).
- Lightly press a glacé cherry (if using) into the top of each pyramid.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until a pale golden-brown.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- After baking, the pyramids can be decorated with a little melted dark chocolate.
- Coconut pyramids will keep for a few days in an airtight container.