Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 quart cold water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Crumble the raw ground beef into the cold water.
- Add remaining ingredients and spices. Stir well, breaking the meat up before cooking.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, then refrigerate and remove solidified grease.
- Reheat and serve as desired.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Serve over spaghetti. Top with cheese to make a Three-way, top with onions and cheese to make a Four-way, top with cooked pinto beans, onions and cheese to make a Five-way. May also be used as hot dog sauce with mustard and minced onions to make a Coney, adding shredded cheese to make a Cheese Coney.