Jump to navigation Jump to search
To make churri for 4 people we need:
- 3 deciliter of natural yoghurt
- 3 deciliter of buttermilk
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root
- 2 fresh green chilli-peppers
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 10 grams of fresh mint
- 15 grams of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 chopped onion
- a pinch of salt
- Put 1 teaspoon of cumin seed into a pan and roast them.
- Grind the roasted cumin seeds with a mortar.
- Chop 10 grams of fresh mint, 15 grams of fresh coriander leaves, 2 cm of peeled ginger and the 2 fresh chilli pepper. Grind into a paste.
- Add the yoghurt, butter milk and salt and make sure everything gets mixed up well.
- Add the onion and the roasted and ground cumin seeds.
Please look at Cookbook:Substitutions on how to replace the animal sourced ingredients (yoghurt made from cow milk and buttermilk) with vegetarian replacements.