Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Chip Butty is a sandwich made of chips (French fries).
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Chips from a chip shop or homemade
- Sliced white bread, or pita bread for kebab-shop style
- Ketchup or a brown sauce (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Make sure the chips are not too greasy and have been well drained.
- Take two slices of bread (the heel works best) and butter both on one side, then apply ketchup and spread evenly over the bread.
- Add chips in a manner akin to herringbone floor tiling, making sure to minimise any gaps. You can add multiple layers.
- Put both slices of bread together, then put the assembled sandwich on a flat surface and slap it hard several times with with an open hand to crush the filling. Eat immediately!