Cookbook:Rice Porridge of China (Congee)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Chinese Congee)
To make Chinese breakfast soup congee for four people, we need:
- 220 grams (7-3/4 oz) of round rice, washed and drained
- 2.5 liters (10-1/2 cups) of chicken bouillon (or alternatively water)
- light soy sauce, to personal preference
- sesame oil, to personal preference
- white pepper, to personal preference
- 3 chopped spring-onions
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of roasted sesame seeds
- 30 g (1 oz) of sliced ginger
- Put the rice in a pan and add the bouillon or water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and leave under a low fire for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours, or until all the rice has turned into a mash.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil and flavor with white pepper.
- Finally, add the topping according to personal preference.