Traditional chicken livers are breaded and fried in hot oil. Chicken livers, along with gizzards and hearts, can be obtained from most grocers.
- Chicken Livers
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Trim the sinews [] from the livers.
- Coat the livers in flour and knock off any excess.
- Carefully place the livers in a hot, oiled pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and just pink on the inside.
- Serve hot.
- Cayenne pepper can also be added to the flour.
- Chicken livers are sometimes cooked with chicken gizzards and chicken heart; while heart are cooked very much like livers, gizzards require additional cooking time due to their density.