Jump to navigation Jump to search
Traditional chicken livers are breaded and fried in hot oil. Chicken livers, along with gizzards and hearts, can be obtained from most grocers.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Chicken Livers
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Trim the sinews [] from the livers.
- Coat the livers in flour and knock off any excess.
- Carefully place the livers in a hot, oiled pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and just pink on the inside.
- Serve hot.
Variations[edit | edit source]
- Cayenne pepper can also be added to the flour.
- Chicken livers are sometimes cooked with chicken gizzards and chicken heart; while heart are cooked very much like livers, gizzards require additional cooking time due to their density.