From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Traditional chicken livers are breaded and fried in hot oil. Chicken livers, along with gizzards and hearts, can be obtained from most grocers.
- Chicken Livers
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Trim the sinews [] from the livers.
- Coat the livers in flour and knock off any excess.
- Carefully place the livers in a hot, oiled pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and just pink on the inside.
- Serve hot.
- Cayenne pepper can also be added to the flour.
- Chicken livers are sometimes cooked with chicken gizzards and chicken heart; while heart are cooked very much like livers, gizzards require additional cooking time due to their density.