Cookbook:Cherbet Mazhar (Algerian Flower Water Drink)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Cherbet Mazhar)
|Cherbet Mazhar (Algerian Flower Water Drink)|
Orange Blossom Cherbet (شربات ماء زهر, Cherbet Mazhar) is a refreshing Algerian drink. It originates from Algiers and is also called Cherbet Khotba (Proposal Cherbet) as it is only served during marriage proposals as per Algiers' traditions.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 L of fresh water
- 1 large glass of orange blossom water
- 2–3 tbsp of granulated sugar (depending on taste)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 stick of cinnamon
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine water and orange blossom water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cinnamon powder and stir until it fully dilutes. Then add the sugar, and mix everything well.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, transfer the drink to a pitcher and let it cool in the fridge. Serve with quince jam or seasonal fruit.