Cookbook:Carrot and coriander soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A nice soup, a classic combination made with made with both fresh and ground coriander - but the fresh coriander adde near the end of cooking really adds the bright flavour of coriander to match with the carrot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion,diced
- 500g carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- large bunch Fresh Coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- Black Pepper
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, to a medium heat.
- 2. Add the sliced carrots and diced onions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- 3. Add the ground coriander and salt & pepper. Cook for a further 1 minute.
- 4. Add the vegetable stock bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
- 5. Blend until smooth.
- 6. Add the fresh coriander (cilantro).
- 7. Serve.