Cookbook:Carrot and Coriander Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A nice soup, a classic combination made with both fresh and ground coriander - but the fresh coriander added near the end of cooking really adds the bright flavour of coriander to match with the carrot.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1.2 liters (41 US fl oz) vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- Black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, to a medium heat.
- Add the sliced carrots and diced onions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the ground coriander and salt & pepper. Cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the fresh coriander (cilantro).