Cookbook:Carrot and Coriander Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Carrot and Coriander Soup|
Carrot and coriander soup is a classic combination made with both fresh and ground coriander. The fresh coriander added near the end of cooking really adds the bright flavour of coriander to match with the carrot.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1.2 L (41 oz) vegetable stock
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- Black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, to a medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the ground coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, and bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for 10–15 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add the fresh coriander, and serve.