Cookbook:Buuz (Mongolian Meat Dumplings)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Buuz)
|Buuz (Mongolian Meat Dumplings)|
|Time||prep: 20 min|
cooking: 15 min
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 300 g (11 oz) flour
- 200–300 g (7.1–11 oz) cold water
- 20 g (0.71 oz) onion, chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) beef, minced or ground
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.3 ml) pepper (optional)
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) water
- 400 ml (14 oz) water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Combine beef, salt, onion, pepper, and water in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly and leave covered during the preparation of the dough.
- In a bowl mix together flour and cold water to make a very soft dough. Cover the bowl and leave the dough for 5 minutes to relax.
- Knead the dough for a half minute. Cut the dough into 10 pieces, and flatten the dough into discs.
- Place a fair amount of meat mixture on each disc, and fold the edges together to enclose the filling.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
- Boil a fair amount of water in a steamer. Spread some oil on the steamer pan to protect the buuz buns from getting stuck during cooking.
- Carefully place the buuz buns on the steamer pan, spacing them 1 cm (0.4 inch) away from one another. Place the pan into the boiling steamer and cover the steamer very well. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out the steamer board and fan the buuz for 30 seconds using steamer cover or any safe, light object.
- Serve with some cabbage salad, or some chopped kosher cucumbers. Enjoy!