Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 300 g brown sugar or Muscovado sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp black treacle (optional)
- 300 ml double cream (~48% butterfat)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the sugar, butter, vanilla, and treacle in a saucepan over low heat, and gently stir until everything has melted. Low heat is needed so that the sugar does not burn and so, when you add the double cream, the cream does not split.
- When everything has combined, slowly add in the double cream and gently stir.
- Once the cream has been mixed in, turn up to a medium heat. Stirring gently, wait until the sauce is bubbling and hot, then take it off the heat.
- Combine the sauce with the recipe of your choice and/or place into a pouring jug and keep warm.