Jump to navigation Jump to search
Broccoli burgers are a handheld foodstuff similar to hamburgers though produced with eggs and vegetables in place of beef.
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) chopped broccoli
- 120 ml (½ cup) chopped toasted almonds
- 190 ml (¾ cup) chopped red onion
- 120 ml (½ cup) seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 80 ml (¼ cup) water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- toasted buns or bread
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in broccoli, almonds, onion, breadcrumbs and water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled 30 cm x 38 cm (12 by 15 inch) baking sheet shape mixture into 4 patties, each 2cm (3/4 inch) thick.
- Bake in 190 °C (375 °F) oven, turning halfway through cooking, until each side is golden brown, about 25 minutes total.
- Serve on buns with mayonnaise and lettuce.