Cookbook:Boiled Sweet Potato
|Boiled Sweet Potato|
Boiled sweet potato is a typical Nigerian food which has a delicious taste when compared to yam or cocoyam. It contains various nutrients, which some studies suggest may support healthy functioning of the immune system and reduce brain inflammation.
Ingredient[edit | edit source]
- Sweet potato, unpeeled and cut into chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a pot.
- Cover the sweet potato with water, and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the sweet potato is tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, and peel off the skin.
- Serve with the pepper sauce of your choice.