Cookbook:Bison à la Grecque
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Bison à la grecque)
|Bison à la Grecque|
Bison à la grecque is a campfire fusion recipe for bison served with a velouté inspired by Mediterranean cuisine.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 lbs bison steak or roast
- 2 small onions, halved
- 1 small celery stalk, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp melted bison fat
- 2 cups veal stock
- 1 lemon, halved
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brown vegetables in bison fat in a cast iron Dutch oven.
- Add bison, coriander, garlic, bay leaf, veal stock, and lemon. Cover and braise over a low fire 2–3 hours or longer until tender.
- Remove bison to serving tray near fire. Strain sauce into separate bowl, and discard pulp.
- Make a roux in the Dutch oven with butter and flour. Stir in wine and cream, and cook until bubbly. Stir in reserved sauce until thickened, adding more liquid as needed.
- Season velouté to taste. Pour over bison.
- Serve with toasted bread, wild mushrooms, and wild rice.