Cookbook:Beer Marinated Shrimp
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is an excellent shrimp dish that must be marinated overnight, so if you need dinner half an hour from now this isn't for you.
- 2 Pounds peeled raw shrimp
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces of beer
- Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Slice up an onion.
- Chop up a few cloves of garlic.
- Place these, the shrimp and the beer, in a plastic or glass bowl.
- Add as much Tabasco as you'd like (start with 1 TBSP) and some salt and pepper.
- Cover and marinate over night.
- Next day before cooking remove shrimp from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- Melt some butter in a pan and sauté shrimp until pink and done.
- Don't overcook or they'll be rubbery.
- You can also grill the shrimp.