Cookbook:Beef Tongue with Chiles, Corn and Tomato (Lengua de Res)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Beef Tongue with Chiles, Corn and Tomato (Lengua de Res)|
Lengua de Res – Beef Tongue.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 beef tongue
- 5 fresh green chili peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 15-ounce cans whole kernel corn, drained
- salt, to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash tongue and place in a large pot of water to cover. Simmer until no longer pink, about 50 minutes per pound of tongue. Remove from water and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel skin from tongue and trim gristle. Cut into ½" slices.
- Place whole peppers in a skillet over medium-high heat and roast, turning, until all sides are charred. Let cool, rub off skins. Remove stems and seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chili peppers, onion, and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in tongue and continue to cook until tongue is brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until limp, 5 minutes. Pour in corn and heat through, 2 to 5 minutes. Season with salt.