(Redirected from Cookbook:Baked leeks)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Baked leeks (Tavë me presh) is an Albanian recipe.
- 2 lbs (900 g) leeks
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground meat
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- mild red pepper
- Cut off the green leaves from leeks. Wash and cut leeks diagonally into 1-inch thick slices.
- Saute in a little oil and place in a baking pan.
- Saute onion and ground meat in remaining oil.
- Add beef stock, tomato sauce, red pepper, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Pour meat mixture over the sautéed leeks.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375°F (190°C).
- Serve hot.