Cookbook:Acorn Squash with Orange Marmalade
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Acorn Squash with Orange Marmalade|
Acorn squash with orange marmalade is a quick, easy vegetable side dish that has great appeal due to its slight sweetness.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Remove seeds and strings from squash halves.
- Cut a small piece off outside of each half to make a flat space on which the half can stand level.
- Place halves in a shallow pan or casserole in ¼ inch (6 mm) water with insides facing down. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Combine marmalade and butter in a small bowl.
- Remove squash from oven, and invert in pan or dish. Salt lightly.
- Spread marmalade and butter mixture on edges of squash, allowing excess to run into center.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Substitute brown sugar for the orange marmalade.