Common Intermediate Language
Common Intermediate Language (CIL) is a low-level programming language defined by the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) specification and is used in both the .NET Framework and Mono. This Wikibook is meant to be both an introduction to CIL and a useful reference.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Getting Started
- Writing and compiling a simple "Hello, World!" program.
Basics[edit | edit source]
- Basic Syntax
- The basic syntax of CIL.
- Creating and using variables.
- Declaring and calling methods.
- Exception Handling
- Catching and throwing errors.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Classes and Objects[edit | edit source]
- Visibility Modifiers
- Value Types
- More Modifiers
- Garbage Collection and Object Lifetimes