Collaborative Networked Learning: A Guide/References and Notes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notes and References
- ^ The term groupware was originally coined in 1981 by Peter and Trudy Johnson-Lenz,in "Consider the Groupware: Design and Group Process Impacts on Communication in the Electronic Medium," In Hiltz, S.R. and Kerr, E (eds) (Studies of Computer-Mediated Communications Systems: A Synthesis of the Findings. Final Report to the Information Science and Technology Division, National Science Foundation (IST-8018077)\bold) East Orange, N.J., Upsala College, Chapter 5.) is helping facilitate communication in groups. Groupware acquired national popularity in the middle 1980’s in articles appearing in the popular press. . In one such article in Fortune, Louis Richman (2\Richman, Louis. 1987. "Software Catches the Team Spirit," (Fortune\bold) Vol 115, 12, June 8, 1987, pp. 125,131,132,136.) described the concept as follows: Software that will enable people to collaborate across barriers of space and time is one of today's hottest frontiers of computer research. Like an electronic sinew that binds teams together, the new "groupware" aims to place the computer squarely in the middle of communications among managers, technicians, and anyone else who interacts in groups, revolutionizing the way they work.
- Conklin,Jeff.1987. "Hypertext:An Introduction and Survey." ‘’’Computer’’’ September,1987,pp. 17-41
- Bransford, John et al.1986. " Teaching Thinking and Problem Solving" American Psychologist. 41,10,pp. 1078–1088.
- Feenberg, Andrew.1986."Network Design: An operating Manual for Computer Conferencing." (IEEE Transactions on Professional Communications\bold) Vol.PC 29, No 1, March 1986,p. 4.
- Findley, Charles A. 1987. "Collaborative Networked Learning: Technology and Opportunities," October 13, 1987, Burlington, MA., Digital Equipment Corp.
- Findley, Charles A. 1989. Open Communication Systems Beyond the Classroom. Presentation at World Future Society, July 16–20, Washington, D.C.
- ________________. 1989. Collaborative Learning-work. Presentation at the Pacific Telecommunications Council 1989 Conference, January 15–20, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- _________________. 1988. Collaborative Networked Learning: On-line Facilitation and Software Support, Digital Equipment Corporation. Burlington, MA.
- _________________. 1987. Integrated Learning and Information Support Systems for the Information Age Worker. Presentation at World Future Society Conference, Cambridge, MA., November 1987.
- Kerr, Elaine, and Hiltz, Starr R. 1982. Computer-Mediated Communication Systems: Status and Evaluation. Academic Press, New York.
- Elaine Kerr (3\Kerr,Elaine. 1985. "Electronic Leadership: A Guide to Moderating On-line Conferences," IEEE Transactions on Professional Communications. Vol. PC 29, No 1, p. 16)
- Friedman, Thomas. 2005. The World is Flat: A brief History of the Twenty-first Century. New York, Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Johnson, David W. and Roger T. Johnson (1987) Learning Together and Alone:Cooperative, Competitive, and Individualistic learning Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Levy, Frank and Richard J. Murnane. 2005. ‘’The New Division of Labor: How Computers Are Creating the Next Job Market’’ Princeton, New Jersey, Princeton University Press.
- Malone, Thomas. 2004. The Future of Work: How the New Order of Business Will Shape Your Organization, Your Management Style, and Your Life, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harvard
- Peters. Thomas J. and Robert Waterman (1982). In Search of Excellence. New York: Harper and Row.
- Peters, Thomas J. 2006. Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age (Paperback). New York: Dorling Kindersley Adult.
- Pink, Daniel. 2005. “A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age,” New York: Penguin
- Rice, Ronald and Gail Love. 1987. "Electronic Emotion: Socio-emotional Content in a Computer- Mediated Communication Network," (Communication Research\bold),February, Vol 14, No 1. pp. 85–108.)
- Shaw, Mildred.1987. "Interactive Elicitation and Exchange of Knowledge in Group Problem Solving," Paper presented to the Seventh International Congress on Person Construct Psychology, Memphis,Tennessee, August 14-9,1987.
- Shaw, Mildred.1987. "An Interactive Knowledge-Based System for Group Problem-Solving," IEEE System, Man and Cybernetics: Special Issue on Human Computer Interaction and Cognitive Engineering.