Climate Change/Press Cuttings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Climate Change in the News[edit | edit source]
- Article about 2005 Atlantic hurricanes and global warming
- AP article about a study saying Alaskan permafrost may melt, enhancing global warming by releasing greenhouse gases from the soil.
- James Hansen's op-ed in International Herald Tribune, title "It's not too late"
- Lindzen's April '06 op-ed in Wall Street Journal
- Lindzen's July '06 op-ed in Wall Street Journal, trying to attack An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore
- Oreskes' response to Lindzen and others, from July '06, published in Los Angeles Times
- Peter Doran responds to global warming deniers in the New York Times in July '06
- World Emissions of Carbon Dioxide Outpace Worst-Case Scenario
- Carbon Emissions Hit 20-Year Low
- Pentagon Unveils Plan For Military's Response To Climate Change
- Study: Past Climate Change Was Caused by Ocean, Not Just the Atmosphere
- Climate Ark - continuous updates
- Google News - search for climate change
- UK climate meeting calls for action - Nature.com, 3rd Feb 2005, strap line: "Researchers discuss 'dangerous' change as global-warming fears grow."
- Landfall Nears For Strongest Hurricane In Recorded History
- El Niño Is Going to Starve a Lot of Fish
- Carbon Pollution Touched 800,000 Year Record in 2016, WMO Says - slashdot.org, October 30, 2017.
- Tourism Representative Blames Scientists for Downturn in Great Barrier Reef Visits - SoylentNews, January 14, 2018.
- 2017 was among the warmest years on record, according to new data released by NASA and the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration. - slashdot.org, January 18, 2018.
- Global Warming Predictions May Now Be a Lot Less Uncertain - slashdot.org, January 18, 2018.
- Earth's Carbon Dioxide Levels Reach Highest Point In 800,000 Years - slashdot.org, May 06, 2018.
- Invisible Scum on Sea Cuts CO2 Exchange With Air 'By Up To 50%' - slashdot.org, May 28, 2018.
- Coastal Megacity Karachi Is Running Out of Water - slashdot.org, May 28, 2018.