Choose Your Own Pyventure/Additional Resources
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- In the Python command line, type help()
- Online Books
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist by Allen Downey
- Dive Into Python by Mark Pilgrim
- Python Documentation
- wikibooks about Python. Of particular quality:
- Stack Overflow -- read and answer programming related questions.
- Doug Hellmann's Python Module of the Week
- http://showmedo.com/videos/python - video tutorials
- Invent Your Own Computer Games With Python -- one of the inspirations for this book
- Programmer's Competency Matrix
- The Hacker Jargon File -- Hacking culture has a long and um,
checkeredstoried history. There are lots of expressions, like grok that pepper programmer talk.
- Guido: Guido van Rossum, creator of Python, and Benevolent Dictator For Life (BDFL) of the Python project
- stack overflow: jargon. a famous class of programming error.