Category:Book:Development Cooperation Handbook/Projects in Syria
on Youtube ⇒ playlist
In Syria now, it is a time of division, violence and suffering. When we were there in November 2010 and in August 2011, we recorded many stories of cooperation and development. Nowadays, only sad and violent stories are narrated about this wonderful country. What then shall we do with these stories we collected in Syria in what now seems to be a different "age" altogether? Well, we decided to re-edit the videos we had made, include them in the Handbook we are developing and share them through the Internet. These videos will help us remember what Syria was before the civil war. And we hope that these stories will help restore trust amongst communities in Syria, and build, amongst those who love this country, the motivation to do whatever they can to restore peace and cooperation.
The projects were part of a vast cooperation program between EU and Syria aimed at expanding mutual trade, but included also social development, policy modernization and the protection of the cultural heritage. In 2012 the EU has suspended the cooperation with the Syrian Government; but the projects with Syrian civil society are continuing.
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/BESP
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Counselling Centres for Women
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Improving Schools and Learning Environment
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Moving Hopes
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Palmyra, Italian Archaeological Mission
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Preservation and Development - Citadel
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Preservation and Development - MAM
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Training Young Syrian Journalists
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Valuing Water
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Village Business Incubator
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Youth & Heritage