Canadian Criminal Sentencing/Offences/Criminal Negligence
Legislation[edit | edit source]
(1) Every one is criminally negligent who
- (a) in doing anything, or
- (b) in omitting to do anything that it is his duty to do,
shows wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons.
(2) For the purposes of this section, “duty” means a duty imposed by law.
220. Every person who by criminal negligence causes death to another person is guilty of an indictable offence and liable
- (b) ...to imprisonment for life.