Canadian Criminal Law/Offences/Weapons Offences
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Firearms and other weapon offences is set out in Part III of the Criminal Code.
Lawful possession of firearms is governed by the Firearms Act.
On April 5, 2012, the Long-Gun Registry was eliminated removing the requirement that non-restricted firearms be registered.
[edit | edit source]
- Use of Firearm in Commission of an Offence (85)
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm (86)
- Pointing a Firearm (87)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (88)
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon (90)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (91)
- Possession of Unauthorized Firearm (92)
- Possession of a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm (95)
- Weapons Trafficking (99, 100)
- Possession of a Weapon Contrary to an Order (117.01)