Calculus/Differentiation/Basics of Differentiation/Exercises
- 1 Find the Derivative by Definition
- 2 Prove the Constant Rule
- 3 Find the Derivative by Rules
- 4 More Differentiation
- 5 Implicit Differentiation
- 6 Logarithmic Differentiation
- 7 Equation of Tangent Line
- 8 Higher Order Derivatives
- 9 External Links
Find the Derivative by Definition
Find the derivative of the following functions using the limit definition of the derivative.
Prove the Constant Rule
Find the Derivative by Rules
Find the derivative of the following functions:
Use implicit differentiation to find y'
Use logarithmic differentiation to find :
Equation of Tangent Line
For each function, , (a) determine for what values of the tangent line to is horizontal and (b) find an equation of the tangent line to at the given point.
Higher Order Derivatives