C Shell Scripting/Guppies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source code[edit | edit source]
Lessons[edit | edit source]
- C shell does not have functions so all logic must be in-lined. An "alias" can be created to reuse code such as formating a number with commas using the "sed" program.
- Mathematical expression that are assigned to variable must with the "@" sign instead of the keyword "set".
- Notice that the syntax is closer to BASIC than the C language with regards to control statements. You must include the key word "then" after the "if" statement expression.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bourne shell version by Chris F.A. Johnson from which this version was ported.
- The homework assignment that was the genesis of this program