CS Command Line Tools - Setup Manual (wiki version)/Under Windows 95/98
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you extracted the executables to the directory "C:\WINDOWS\Command", then you are done with the setup. Otherwise take the following steps (we refer to the directory "C:\Command" as an example):
- Extend the Start menu and choose "Run...".
- Type "sysedit" in the edit box of the new window and click the "OK" button below.
- In the System Configuration Editor, select the child window titled "C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT" to see the contents of that file.
- Add the path ";C:\Command" to the entry starting with "SET Path", as shown in the image below (do not forget the semicolon). If that entry does not exist, type "SET Path=C:\Command" in a new paragraph .
- Save changes before you exit the editor and reboot the computer so the changes take effect.